Power Apps and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
Power Apps is an application development platform having capabilities built on and utilizing Azure cloud services. It is a part of the broader Microsoft Power Platform. It increases the agility across a business by providing the ability to develop low-coding apps for modernizing and customizing business processes to solve tough challenges. These low-code apps can then be scaled using Azure to meet business needs.
Advantages of CRM power apps
- Reduces app development costs of a business: The amount a business spends on professional app development can be significantly reduced with the use of CRM power apps. A Total Economic Impact commissioned study by Forrester Consulting claims that there is an average of 74% reduction in costs of app development for businesses opting for app development through power apps.
- Increases business ROI and improves employee productivity: The Total Economic Impact commissioned study by Forrester Consulting also claims that there is an increase of nearly 188% in the ROI of a business over a period of three years with the use of power apps and an average improvement of 3.2 hours/week in the line-of-business employee productivity.
- Empowers users to innovate their own solutions: Even users having no previous coding experience or IT background can visualize their requirements and create apps. These apps can be produced, distributed, and deployed throughout the business to make their idea a reality. This not only boosts their confidence, but also enhances their efficiency by allowing customizability.
- Provides every user the tools to be an app builder: With its prebuilt templates, drag-and-drop simplicity, and quick deployment, Power Apps gives every user the ease to build apps and realize their ideas.
- Offers scalability: By allowing rolling out continuous improvements as and when needed, Power Apps brings in a scalable model for the users.
- Provides the advantage of building apps rapidly: Using Power Apps, apps can be build and deploy an app within hours and not months, like the traditional app development processes.
- Connects to data easily and adds logic using Excel-like expressions: By providing easy data connectivity and integration of logic based on traditional CRM process tools like Excel, Power Apps make the CRM more user-friendly.
- Can be run on different devices: The apps developed using Power Apps are compatible with iOS, Android, and web devices – both mobile and desktop.
- Allows building apps with advanced functionality: While earlier a domain of professional developers only, now advanced functionality apps can be built by almost anyone using the pre-built AI components in Power Apps.
- Enables extensibility for professional developers: Professional developers can seamlessly extend app capabilities with custom connectors and Azure Functions to proprietary or on-premises systems.
Power apps and Dynamics 365 customer engagement
The Power Apps header is added to the top of the screen in the customize Dynamics 365 CE (Customer Engagement). D365 Sales, D365 Service, D365 Field Service, D365 Marketing, and D365 Talent are all built natively on the platform.
Being a common data service, Dynamics 365 CE is a datasource that can be presented to users in a PowerApp without them having to learn the use and navigation of D365! Apps can also be embedded in applications such as SharePoint and Teams being used by users currently. Either way, this will be a substantial drive to D365 user adoption.
How CongruentX can Help Drive Power Apps Success
As Power Platform initiatives grow, CongruentX helps establish an education center and a set of design and governance guidelines to support, nurture, and drive consistency across low-code applications as well as fractional on-demand help with architectural and build activities. In one simple subscription!
To learn more – please visit https://congruentx.com/offerings/cxservices/cx-success-subscription/