CRM Customization & Its Low Code Potential
According to Gartner’s 2020 report on low code application platforms, by 2023 more than a whopping 50% of medium and large companies will opt for a low code CRM platform as their strategic business tool. If you are still wondering what low code is, it is an approach towards creating applications as well as processes with the help of simple logic models and other similar tools like drag-and-drop tools for instance, instead of all the heavy coding.
A simplified approach also improves a company’s CX services (that is, Customer Experience Services) by leaps, due to improved customer support and client relationship management.
A Low-code CRM Platform’s Development:
- Discover and analyze the requirements of the application
- Build the workflows, data models and interfaces involved with the help visual tools
- Connect the required internal or third-party applications
- If required, add the necessary code
- Test the application for user feedback and acceptance
- Word towards deployment
Companies with limited IT resources view the low code CRM platform as a basic layer of their CRM strategy. Recent studies have shown that this approach is also getting popular within agile IT environments across the globe due to three important benefits of opting for a low code customer relationship management platform,
- A low code platform accelerates the development cycle of a CRM system
- These platforms facilitates innovation thereby increasing enthusiasm and encouraging creativity amongst employees in the process
- Apart from improving a company’s CX services, low code platforms also contribute towards a decrease in the company’s project backlogs
Why is Low Code Becoming Popular ?
Low Code platforms have been slowly gaining traction from before 2020. It was helping anyone convert into an analyst collaborating with IT departments for speeding up development of critical functionalities, and even create new features easily on their own. However, it was only in 2020 that companies on a large scale began moving from their traditional setups towards a low-code approach.
When the pandemic hit, people began working from home and suddenly, there was a large demand for applications and services overnight. Low Code became the answer to this urgent demand – visual modeling tools, drag-and-drop instruments, ready-made modules have helped employees with no coding abilities create or change features within data analytics platforms, CRM and even ERP, rolling them out immediately.
Thus, what are the benefits of low code customization then?
- Accelerated development cycles
- Better management of resources
- Capabilities powered by artificial intelligence
- Rapid innovation as well as digitization
- Plenty of room for pros
- A rich library of connectors for quality data collection
- Components that are reusable
Is Low Code CRM platform the future?
Viewing low code platforms as the sole providers of software development is an outdated way of thinking. However, having said that, when CRM platforms are combined with low-code instruments, application development is speeded up, costs are optimized and the general agility of the platform is boosted. As a result of which low code customer relationship management platforms are viewed as vital strategic tools by both big enterprises as well as small firms and businesses – it helps any company make the most of their existing resources.